Karate Scotland as the governing body for Karate in Scotland holds an Approved Coaching status awarded by SCOTVEC. In terms of coaching, this means that the Karate Scotland can award coaching qualifications to candidates who fulfil all of the agreed criteria.
It is a requirement that all Shitokai Scotland instructors hold a Karate Scotland coaching award at an appropriate level. The criteria for a coaching award is as listed below and may be amended at any time by Karate Scotland.
Level 1 – Qualified to Instruct under the supervision of a Level 2 Coach
- Successful attendance at an approved first aid course
- Have acquired basic teaching skills accepted by Shitokai Scotland
- Hold a grade recognised by Karate Scotland
- Complete annual registration
- Be of a reputable character, providing at least two references from suitable sources and any further proof necessary
- Hold a current Shitokai Scotland licence and adequate professional indemnity
- Uphold the Constitution and Rules of both the SKGB and Shitokai Scotland
Level 2 – Qualified to instruct at Club Level and to assist at Association Level
- Must fulfil all of the requirements for Level 1
- Must be a minimum grade of Shodan (Black Belt 1st Dan)
- Must have successfully completed coaching courses as required by Karate Scotland
- Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport
- UKAD Clean Coach
- First Aid
- Attend refresher courses every 2 years or as stipulated by Karate Scotland
Karate Scotland registered coaches
|Karate Scotland Coach Licence No.
|Renfrew / Giffnock
|Renfrew / Johnstone